Instead of focusing on the negativity of Encopresis and the stigma associated with it, today I want you to focus on the positive side of it. It can be hard to imagine there being a good side to a medical condition when you stink all the time (uncontrollably), however it doesn’t hurt to see it in a new and positive light. Right? Let me know what you think, or add your own to the list. In no particular order here are my top 11 positive things about having Encopresis (or have had it):
1) You are not alone (even when you feel you are).
2) Even though I may stink (with Encopresis) it’s others attitude that stinks more.
3) The body’s urge to go “number 2” is never taken for granted.
4) If you have a diet allergy/sensitivity, Encopresis can be a sign that something is wrong.
5) Encopresis can help strengthen a family bond, not hinder it.
6) You can be whomever you wish to be and not let Encopresis define who you are.
7) Your true friends are there with you now, reguardless of if you stink or not (those that disappear truely aren’t your friends)
10) There is light at the end of the tunnel…I’m living proof it can be a past medical condition, and here if you ever need me.
11) One day I’ll be on the Ellen Degeneres Show sharing my story, my book (and blog) and my love….a role model for those with Encopresis.
I’m an Encopresis Survivor!! With an open mind, and an open heart..anything is possible.