Guest Blogger: A personal request to share his story (via e-mail)

Hey everyone,

Recently I received an e-mail from a 40 year old man, from California (United States of America) whom has personally requested that I share his story, and has given me permission to do so. It has been written in 2 Parts.

WARNING: This is TMI (Too Much Information) personally shared story. If uncomfortable, please look elsewhere.

*NOTE: BM is Bowel Movements.

This is his story, shared in his words.

Part 1:

I’m single white male, late 40s,California

Began having constipation issues age 14,diagnosed with mega-colon,encopresis,and anal fissures.i would go potty every 3 to 6 days,causing extremely large BMs.
Doctor told my mom to give me a FLEET enema once a week to help.me go potty easier.
So I got embarrassing weekly enemas from my mom age 14 to 22,but the enemas did help a lot.tried diet changes and exercise ,but only enemas helped.
At 22 I moved out but struggled with constipation still ,at age 28,I moved back in with mom after dad died.
I had to start getting enema again from Mom just to get to work.
Mom decided to try FLEET mineral oil enemas at age 28,mineral oil enemas helped me pass the hardened compacted bms I had, better then fleet saline enemas I got in my teens.
I’m embarrassed to admit I STILL get weekly enemas from Mom or my aunt
End part 1.
Part 2:
Part 2 of my story is when I moved back in with mom in my late 30s,I had mega colon diagnosis,and had to get weekly fleet mineral oil enemas
End part 2.
Thank you for being brave, opening up and trusting me by sharing your story. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
You are not alone.
Thank you for reading. If anyone YOU wish to share your story, send an e-mail to: naturegirl015admin@themagicwithinus.com
All my love,
Dimity
www.themagicwithinus.com

15 thoughts on “Guest Blogger: A personal request to share his story (via e-mail)

1. Patrick 03/11/2017 / 11:55 am

I think all those enemas in my teens led me to develop klismaphalia

2. Patrick O'Connor 19/09/2017 / 10:48 pm

I think part of the problem with teenagers during school year,is not having enough time to relax to go potty.
    It was that way with me and now my daughter Gina too

• naturegirl015 20/09/2017 / 4:54 pm

This is something that I have also considered. I didn’t feel safe and comfortable using the school toilets during Recess/Lunch. You are not alone in feeling this way. Thank you for sharing your feedback, Patrick.

3. Patrick Allen 07/09/2017 / 4:13 pm

I think in my daughter Gina’s case her severe constipation is from diet not heredity she eats too much cheese ;cheese is like glue in the colon, my colonic therapist told me.
    I had to give her a FLEET mineral oil enema last monday ,she hadn’t gone potty in 4 days.
    Gina has been diagnosed with mega-colon since age 13,when she lived with her mom she was allowed to eat junk food galore.that’s when her constipation problems began and continue to this day

• naturegirl015 11/09/2017 / 6:03 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Patrick. I can understand how having a mega-colon affects constipation and Encopresis, as this is something that I continue to have (the mega-colon). The constipation is under control, however what is considered “normal size” for me, might not be for the general public. Have you considered taking the mineral oil orally? This is something that really helped me as a teenager. You are never alone.

Dimity

• Patrick Allen 14/09/2017 / 2:44 am

No never tried giving Gina mineral oil orally ,she’s in such pain from being constipated for 4 to 6 days,she can’t wait for an oral remedy.the fleet mineral oil enemas I give her give immediate relief,so she can go to school that day.
        We’ve tried ex lax and other oral meds,that never work as fast and well as the enemas.
        I had to give Gina an enema on Monday because she hasn’t had a BM in 5 days,and she couldn’t go to school in such pain.
        I was the same way in my high school days,mom had to give me an enema about once a week,so I could make it to class

• naturegirl015 20/09/2017 / 4:57 pm

Life with Encopresis isn’t easy for everyone involved. You are not alone. Thank you for your honesty, Patrick.

4. Patrick Allen 01/09/2017 / 6:07 pm

Do you think constipation is heredity or from diet/bathroom habits?

• naturegirl015 05/09/2017 / 2:37 am

That’s an interesting question, Patrick. Thank you. I will have to think about it. What are your thoughts about this?

5. Harry M VanHoudnos 13/08/2017 / 7:11 am

A touching story. I hope that this will help others with their problems.

• Patrick Allen 18/08/2017 / 9:48 pm

Thank you both for the kind thoughts,it’s so embarrassing for me to admit I still get weekly enemas from my mom in my late 40s.
        Enemas are the ONLY treatment that work for me,or I go 5 days or more without going potty.
        I have mega colon,anal tears,encopresis,still to this day.
        Lately my daughter Gina age 16, has been severely constipated right before school,my mom is at work at that time,so I have been giving Gina a fleet mineral oil enema once a week or so.
        I wonder if constipation is hereditary or since we eat similar food

• naturegirl015 19/08/2017 / 12:34 am

Thank you for allowing me to share your story Patrick. I am touched by your honesty and trust. Thank you. Encopresis is embarrassing to live with, and difficult to share openly with others. You are not alone (I was not aware you have a daughter). I also have been considering if constipation can be hereditary. Feel free to send me an e-mail.

Take care,

Dimity

• Patrick Allen 26/08/2017 / 3:43 pm

I think my daughter’s constipation is from bad diet like me growing up.i ate nothing but cheese , potatoes,and junk food,no fruits ever.
            My daughter is same way,she goes 3 to 5 days between bms currently.maybe it’s not heredity, just similar diet.
            She needs a fleet mineral oil enema from me or her mom once a week or so.

• naturegirl015 27/08/2017 / 1:27 am

Thank you Patrick for being open and honest to feel comfortable to share your story, and your family’s story, with me.