8 thoughts on “There is a bright side to having Encopresis (my top 11)

1. Fathima 07/04/2013 / 1:20 pm

That was punny lol. Also, its really nice to have these positive things about encopresis. Sometimes when I think about it ,it only seems like negatives. AND YOU WILLLLLL be on the Ellen Show!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• naturegirl015 07/04/2013 / 1:23 pm

Thank you Fathima. The more I can help the better they can help others too. Yes definitely for Ellen!! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Harry M VanHoudnos III 31/03/2013 / 1:16 am

A very interesting and enlightening list, my friend. I will have to keep it in mind for the future.

3. James Parkin 30/03/2013 / 8:16 pm

An excellent list, Dimity. From my own experiences as a former sufferer of encopresis I would add, ‘It makes you very sympathetic to other children, teenagers or adults who have toilet problems. For example, I know I could never get cross with a child of any age who had wetting or soiling accidents, no matter where it happened or how often the child did it.’

Also, since opening up about my past I have been very pleasantly surprised that no-one had judged me harshly for soiling myself as a child up to the age of 11, even though I thought that many people would consider it to be a disgusting and babyish habit. Being able to provide other parents with an idea of what it’s like to have encopresis is one of the best things about having had this condition myself.

4. Heather 30/03/2013 / 2:02 pm

I’ll have to show my son this ๐Ÿ™‚ so encouraging! I love all the reasons but “5) Encopresis can help strengthen a family bond, not hinder it.” <3! And you will totally be on the Ellen Degeneres show as a role model for sure!!!! :)))

• naturegirl015 30/03/2013 / 2:11 pm

Thank you Heather for your very kind words. Definitely show this to your son, family and the world. Not a single person or celebrity has opened up on the Ellen Degeneres Show about personally having Encopresis..I have to change that, for the better. It was something I wished I had seen when I had Encopresis. <3 ๐Ÿ™‚